Tuesday 24 January 2017

Introductions - Answering Why I Blog


It will be almost a year on the 20th of February since I embarked on this blogging adventure. It has been a wonderful and interesting journey so far...

For a couple of years, I was scouting the web searching for signs of life... signs of living faith around the world. I guess I needed to know that we weren't alone... That there were other families like us who had embraced the message of the Gospel and were, in all their humanity, imperfections and weaknesses, striving for sanctity.

The seed planted in baptism was nurtured by Pope St John Paul II, his call to young people had taken a deep root within us and the calling to heroism and perfection in Christ was strong in our lives. JPII spoke to us with love,  he was firm in his words and consistent... he was not afraid of telling us how things were, where we stood and what we needed to do in order to enter the Kingdom. No compromises! No half baked catechesis... He called us to Sainthood!

In my search I came across some beautiful people who also, in their imperfect life, had the desire to live their life with fullness of joy. I read of their struggles, their achievements, their sufferings, their joys, real people opening a window on their life, sharing as much or as little as they liked.

For about a year I pondered whether or not to start a little blog myself... and after much discernment I decided to go for it.



Why did I do that, why did I decide to start blogging myself?

I blog because when I needed some hope I found some among the lines of a post. In the same way I pray to the Lord that our family blog may give encouragement to those who will need it.

I blog because in a world surrounded by technology and social media the Good News should go viral ;-)

I blog because I have a beautiful story to tell where God is the author... and so have you.

I blog because I want people to know that God can do miracles, that His Love is immense and available to anyone.

My children blog to give hope to other young people, to encourage them to chose Christ above everything, because they have already experienced in their young life that with Him life is truly exciting.

My husbands blogs and allows my craziness firstly out of gratitude, God has given us so much we cannot keep it for ourselves and because if God inspires you or yours to say something you shouldn't get in the way.







10 comments:

  1. "I guess I needed to know that we weren't alone... That there were other families like us who had embraced the message of the Gospel and were, in all their humanity, imperfections and weaknesses, striving for sanctity."

    Oh, Chiara! That quote perfectly sums up what I've searched for as well. It's so nice not to be alone. Glad to be on this walk with you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say I absolutely love how you make blogging a family affair? And, I have heard the Catholic blogging community is not strong in the U.K., so you are able to provide voice and support to your fellow Catholics in the U.K.!

    Love getting to know the reason behind your blogging - and, love that we can all uplift and support each other on our blogging adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome reasons. Thanks Chiara. Oh and I received the Veil yesterday.
    Many blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog Chiara! What a wonderful testament you are to the faith, living and breathing in a space that isn't always so hospitable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blogging family??!! No way! Do you all have your own blogs or share this space here?

    And how true indeed on who the author is - God!!! I am always amazed myself when the post and words just seem to come from out of nowhere. But we all know that the "from our of nowhere" is actually Divine Inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Welcome to our family space =). I thought it was an original idea and would be interesting for people to read the different perspectives of members of a family.

      Delete